ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Help!!! :)

<< < (2/2)

lanux128:
Tekzel, according to this thread, there is no userenv.dll in Win 98SE but try googling for Microsoft-specific queries..

Tekzel:
Tekzel, according to this thread, there is no userenv.dll in Win 98SE but try googling for Microsoft-specific queries..
-lanux128 (April 24, 2007, 09:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have already done google search after search and I had already started suspecting that that file does not exist for Win9x, but the weird thing is why is this Win98 system asking for it multiple times?!?! haha

tinjaw:
Wild thing is, I need this file to be able to properly uninstall the HP printer drivers on this system but the file does not exist in any form on the installation CD, nor is it in the Win98 cabs.-Tekzel (April 24, 2007, 10:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

A couple things.

First, If you are simply trying to uninstall, create a text file with jibberish in it and then renamed it to userenv.dll. It may be just looking for a file by that name and not care about date, size, etc.

Second, the unistaller may be determining what it needs to uninstall based on a .dat (or similar file). Trying identifying such a file in the applications root directory and removing that line from the file.

Third, it may be getting that information from the registry. Search the registry for userenv.dll and report what you find.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version