ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Update of FarrFox Plugin (v1.03.01) for FARR v2 - Mar 29th, 2007

(1/17) > >>

mouser:
If you use the FARR v2 plugin FarrFox, you might like this update.

FarrFox now searches your bookmarks from: FireFox, Opera, and IE-based browsers, all at once.  No configuration should be required.  8)

NOTE: FARR now knows how to install the FarrFox plugin automatically if you run the updater, so there is no need to download and install it manuall unless you want to for some reason.
Manual Download: https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/addons/FarrFox/FarrFox.zip
Install Instructions: Just copy the files over existing files in the Plugins/FarrFox subdirectory of FARR.

Usage: Just type 'ff keywords'

Note: the first time you use it after a long period of disuse it will need to rescan all your favorites, which can take some seconds.

Version 1.03.01 - March 29, 2007

* Advanced options lets you configure which browser bookmarks to search, and whether to include folder paths in titles
* Different icons are now used for firefox, ie, opera.

mouser:
Anyone using this plugin? How do you like it?

TucknDar:
I like it lots! Haven't really got used to it yet, but the same thing applied to "regular" FARR once too ;)

I had FARR crash upon first test with this latest version of the plugin, but unfortunately I forgot to take note of the crash report. If I can reproduce, I'll post.

cnewtonne:
I personal use a full blown bookmark manager. I have over 2000 bookmarks that I must keep browser independent since I use 3 browsers daily. So really I'm not a candidate for such plug-in.

TucknDar:
I personal use a full blown bookmark manager. I have over 2000 bookmarks that I must keep browser independent since I use 3 browsers daily. So really I'm not a candidate for such plug-in.
-cnewtonne (March 29, 2007, 10:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
I fail to see how that would affect the use of this plugin  :tellme: How are your bookmarks stored? Maybe this or a similar plugin could launch your bookmarks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version