ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Update of FarrFox Plugin (v1.03.01) for FARR v2 - Mar 29th, 2007

<< < (5/17) > >>

rssapphire:
rssaphire are you using the latest farr alpha? if you're not sure can you redownload and update and see if it's still happening.
-mouser (April 30, 2007, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

I redownloaded and am using v2.00.82 (which is what I was using before, I believe). The problem is still present. However, on rereading my description of the problem I may not have described it as clearly as I should have. Let me try again.

1) I bring up farr by pressing alt+space.
2) Farr appears with the usual list of recently used items
4) I type "ff donation"
3) after a brief pause, a list of bookmarks appears.
4) I click on the Donation Coder bookmark and Firefox starts to load it
5) The list of bookmarks clears in Farr then the url for Donation Coder appears briefly in the farr status bar.
6) The url disappears and farr expands to its original size with the original list of recently used items.
7) farr remains open until I manually close it.

If I am not uses the FF plugin, when I click on an item in the list, the item runs and the farr window disappears.

My original description implied that the farr window disappeared completely after the url started to load and a new farr window appeared. This was a misstatement on my part.

mouser:
question: does it matter how you launch the url?
ie by double clicking it or by hitting alt+#
does this problem also occur if you launch a URL from normal search in farr not using bookmarks?

rssapphire:
question: does it matter how you launch the url?
ie by double clicking it or by hitting alt+#-mouser (May 01, 2007, 02:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

I seldom use the alt+# so I had not tried it, but using alt+# works fine. Only the mouse seems to have the problem.

does this problem also occur if you launch a URL from normal search in farr not using bookmarks?
--- End quote ---

Just typing a url and hitting return works fine.

mouser:
ah ok this is a big clue..
i wonder if somehow farr isn't thinking that a drag and drop operation is occurring for some reason.. but then im not sure why i can't reproduce it..
i'll look more into mouse double clicking launch, there may be a clue there since i dont test that very often..

lanux128:
mouser, i d/l the new Farr alpha (v2.00.104) and this old bug came back again.. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version