ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

HMonitor ... a warning ...

<< < (3/4) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Oh well absolutely no response to my email.

I recommend speed fan instead it works well and is free - what more can you ask. There is also a growing set of downloadable configurations submitted by users.

mouser:
i've emailed hmonitor, just to give them a heads up and friendly note from a developer's standpoint.

mouser:
heard back from hmonitor author - said he would not change his mind.
all i can say is i wouldn't buy from such a company.

Carol Haynes:
I've already started going round the standard shareware boards he uses and leaving a "review" !

Renegade:
This is precisely my gripe with copy protection - the only people actually inconvenienced are the genuine users. ANyone who wants a cracked version, illegal serial numbers or a key generator can find them easy enough in any of the major search engines!!
-CarolHaynes (August 31, 2005, 03:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Man... I really don't get it sometimes...

For my own licensing, I'm pretty cool about the whole thing. I prefer "user" licenses myself, and that's what I issue. So, if you want to install my software on 2 computers - that's not a problem. There are a lot of developers that are pretty paranoid about it though. I can't really blame them too much because I've seen their software cracked and given out for free. And when you've got to put food on the table and support a family, it's tough if you're selling 5 licenses a day and all of a sudden it drops to 3 because of piracy. But if someone won't upgrade a point release, bugger it - I'm outta there. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version