topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:05 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: VORG Express: A free PIM designed to meet all your information needs  (Read 9397 times)

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Here's a fantastic looking PIM that I would definitely try if I wasn't using one designed to integrate with my handheld computer.

VORGĀ© Express the personal information manager designed for individual users provides an integrated solution for managing and organizing schedules, tasks, notes, contacts, documents and other information.
Features
Find information easily. All entities support advanced full text searching. Specify the text to be searched and the advanced search-engine matches the possible combinations of attribute-value pairs. Additionally search results can be organized in virtual folders...

from http://www.all4you.dk/FreewareWorld
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Wow  - on initial cursory inspection this looks awesome. Nice find Ken. I'm happy with Outlook 2003 (it does all that I need it to...) after trying out many PIM's and realizing that my needs are rather simple, so I'm not likely to switch but it's going straight into my Favourites collection.

Crush

• Joined in 2006
  • Hello dude!
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
This is what I ever searched for - perfect for my needs. Thx for the link!

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This may be IT! Great find, which I'll try for some time to see if it suits my needs. Huuuge download, though, at 31mb even without .net 1.1. But if it's any good, so be it.

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I've now tried this, and it really is great. A few minor annoyances to start off with (maybe I just didn't get it at first), but a great PIM! If I still use it after a couple of weeks, then I'll try to find the time to write a mini-review.

surftwo

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I download the program and I can't seem to activate it.  Anybody had the same problem

surftwo

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I downloaded the program Vorg Express I can't seem to activate it.......help.

Obijuan

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I downloaded and installed the program. You have to request an activation code via e-mail. They make it very easy to do this. Unfortunately, after 3 days I still haven't gotten the activation code.  :-\
It's a very pretty. It looks a lot like Time & Chaos which is a wonderful PIM. There are still a few rough edges and the program is quite bulky and a bit slow. Documentation is a bit sketchy, too. I'd give this one 7 out of 10.

thomthowolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Bad software makes me tired
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have to say that I tried 3 times to install this and never actually got it to work.  It is also a little heavy on resources for my tastes.   :down: I would give it a 3 out of 10, though it has great potential.
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin

paulobrabo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • The Brazilian Bomber
    • View Profile
    • Brabo Illustration
    • Donate to Member
I have to say that I tried 3 times to install this and never actually got it to work.

Same here. I keep getting some standard .NET error. It won't work even after a fresh install of the framework. Windows 2000 SP4 here.
English will never be my first language, it doesn't meter how hard I try.

thomthowolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Bad software makes me tired
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Windows xp pro here, using the latest rev of .net.
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin