ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Backup Guide

Pre-review discussion of Backup Software

<< < (4/8) > >>

Jibz:
Here are a couple (courtesy og google):

R-Drive Image 2.0
Active@ Disk Image (DOS)
NTI DriveBackup! 4.0
EZ-Imager
Double Image-O 5.0
Partimage (linux)
DrvImagerXP v2.2 (free)
dantz Retrospect 7 (with DR add-on)
DriveStar 2.39

I know some of them do not meet your requirements, but I thought I'd list those I found :up:.

mouser:
seems the great infopackets has recently been writing some articles on backup and todays review was for acronis true image.
http://www.infopackets.com/gazette/2005/20050323_acronis_true_image_8_0_review.htm

seems kind of pointless for us to do something 95% identical..

randiroo76073:
mouser, this being such an important kingpin to backup maybe a little more thought and research should be given over to it, something no one mentioned was prgm compatibility, it has to cover 95-XP, Linux, Mac, & should interchangably be able to format disk/hdd too. I'm not familiar enough w/ prgms mentioned to know if they do, or if any does, but it does set the bar a little higher
JMHO
Randy
aka: randiroo76073

JeffK:
seems the great infopackets has recently been writing some articles on backup and todays review was for acronis true image.
http://www.infopackets.com/gazette/2005/20050323_acronis_true_image_8_0_review.htm

seems kind of pointless for us to do something 95% identical..

-mouser (April 07, 2005, 08:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps a comparative review would be good.  Is Acronis really the best?  Or is it because they have established their name earlier?

I remember now why I didn't like Acronis.  It wasn't the drive backup, it was the boot menu component, I think of the partitiion manager, that locked my system up.

Jeff

mouser:
Maybe instead of awarding best drive imaging tool this week i will devote this saturday's entry to a guide to backing up your computer, and present a set of concrete policies for backing up..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version