ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Backup Guide

Pre-review discussion of Backup Software

<< < (2/8) > >>

JeffK:
I'm pretty sure Paragon Drive Backup 6 will restore a backed up partition without using the boot CD.  To give an example a while ago I created a backup of a logical drive which had data I didn't really need.  To be sure I didn't make an error I took a backup.  This was weeks ago.  I have since deleted the original logical drive.  I just used DB6 to restore from the original backup. 

This program also has ability to create incremental backups, including on a scheduled basis.

Jeff

nudone:
 :D well, that's excellent to hear.

it must be one that i didn't try. i shall head over there straight away and give it a go.

thanks for the quick reply. if all goes well i'll let you know.

JeffK:
You've piqued my curiosity to.  I'm having trouble getting the scheduled incremental backup to work.

Jeff

nudone:
looks like paragon drive backup doesn't require a boot CD, so, top marks from me at least.

not tried any of the incremental backups or anything else yet but it appears to have a good set of options.

looks like i can now step into the year 2005 at long last and give up my devotion for drive image 2002.

thanks again for letting me know about the paragon software.

Jeff, how are you getting on with the scheduled incremental backup - it sounds like great a feature.

mouser:
btw acronis does incremental + scheduled drive imaging as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version