ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Lightweight alternatives to FeedDemon

<< < (3/7) > >>

f0dder:
Darwin: which column # on your screenshot is the Private Bytes statistic? That's the most important one to monitor, then working set size.

Darwin:
Sorry, f0dder in my haste I neglected to label my screenshot. From left to right the numbers are cpu - % utilized, RAM usage, peak RAM usage, and finally Private Bytes. So, short answer, the number at the far right of the picture...

Nighted:
Just checked out GreatNews. It's only been a couple minutes, but it has some of the great features of RSSOwl with the Java dependencies. Also has the full view style of Feedreader.

Impressed so far.....except for the options tabs...when you click around on them, some of them disappear!!!  :mad:

cnewtonne:
I've tried almost every one out there. The top 3 where FD, GreatNews, and Awasu. GreatNews was truly the best. Even though it is freeware, but I would've paid to own it.

Nod5:
I also think GreatNews is impressive. One great thing I noticed while testdriving it is that it allows different "expiration dates" for different feeds. That´s great since there are so many types of feeds. Some feeds I treat almost like email and so want to store some items indefinitely. For other feeds, I just want to se the most recent 10 or so items in the flow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version