ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

ITSD Organizer keeps your notes at hand

(1/7) > >>

zridling:
ITSD Organizer, also known as Is There Something to Do? strikes the right balance between sticky notes, personal organizer, and reminder programs. ITSD has plenty of keyboard shortcuts to aid navigation, but unlike so many other apps in this category, it includes an expanding monthly calendar view. For example, if you enlarge the program screen size, more monthly calendars open up along the right pane. You can also choose to turn the calendar off. All of ITSD's features are within reach of your mouse using the toolbar or view panes or with a keyboard shortcut, making the program both fast and easy to quickly add a note before you forget your thought. Each note includes a notes section for further annotation.

Above is its Tree view, where the user can define categories and subcategories as nested folders. The program provides an option to open and hide the program to the system tray using the Scroll Lock key. Even better, you can not only customize a few of its hotkeys, e.g., for adding a note, but ITSD includes a neat "Quick Notes" feature with a hotkey activation that you choose. Just select any text from any program, hit F11, and ITSD copies the text to the notes section of a new note.

That's keen design borne of consideration of what makes a good notes application.

mouser:
looks very nice!

zridling:
I'm not in love with the name, but what do you name these apps — NoteTaker 3000? I still think the best name is one that starts with "Super Happy" — jeez, that makes me laugh every time and want to speak Japanese.

mouser:
this site was almost called: Super Happy Software  :-\

zridling:
In a past life, were you a Samurai perchance? I also keep thinking of the Simpsons' trip to Japan and the quiz show they were on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version