ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Mini-Review: TimeKeeper v2.20c by TSM, Kevin Pluck, Crypto-Central

<< < (4/5) > >>

Armando:
I stopped using timekeeper and created my own, the interruptron.
Does the same thing and it's a lot simpler and lest obstructive.
You can get it (free) from the second url in my sig.
-urlwolf (January 25, 2008, 07:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

oooohh. I didn't know that urlwolf. Thanks for the info. I'm going to try it too! :)

Armando:
interruptron is nice urlwolf. The only problem is the CPU usage. I wonder why it's always between 20-30%. Any idea?

urlwolf:
Yes,
the problem is that it's monitoring applications you tell it to so it can switch to interruption time if you enter one. This is a CPU hog. There was another method that was not CPU demanding, but it failed quite often.

If you want to have no CPU usage, just switch off the option to "chalk off as interruptions the following applications".

A pity that this couldn't be achieved better. Anyway.

There's one user who wants to rewrite the interruption in ruby. He may do a better job at it. In the mean time, just do it 'by hand' (if you know you are in a procrastination streak, at least press the key that marks it as an interruption :) )

Armando:
Ok, I see... Thanks for taking the time to explain urlworlf.
Have a productive day! (or what what remains of it...  :) )

Kevin Pluck:
Hello, I'm Kevin Pluck the guy that made the original TimeKeeper.

Thank you for the excellent review, I am very pleased you like using it.

I wrote TimeKeeper as I was working for a company in New Zealand that required me to keep track of pretty much every minute of the day. I was rubbish at that, completely, I was excellent at my job but was always getting called up on my timesheets.  So TimeKeeper was created out of frustration.

After working for a year in this company I decided to emigrate to the UK. This is where I parted ways with TimeKeeper as I simply didn't have the time to continue.  TSM expressed an interest in it so I allowed them to continue developing it. My understanding is that TSM is not operating now, I have no idea what has happened as the last communication I have had with them was years ago.

All I can offer is that TK version 2 is available for free, version 2 is the last version I worked on and does not have many of the features mentioned here, but it is free!

You can find it here on my website: http://www.kevinpluck.net/timekeeperv2/.

In the years that have passed since I created TK I have lost the sourcecode so unfortunately there will be no further development.

I hope you all enjoy using TK.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version