ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Startup manager

<< < (3/3)

TucknDar:
great suggestions, Nighted!

Mike Lin has made a similar app to StartupGuard, StartupMonitor: http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml
I haven't tried it, but I've no doubt it's great, having used other pieces of mlin software.

KenR:
What features are those ken?
-Josh (March 25, 2007, 09:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

My personal favorite unique feature is the ability to save startup configurations. Then, you just load which ever configuration you want, apply it, and your set.

Ken

Darwin:
I might have to give Chameleon a look-see. I'm attracted to what I perceive to be a "set it and forget it approach" and enough people here have raved about it that it must be GREAT! I used to use Mike Lin's Start Up Control Panel and then moved to WinPatrol Pro (the free version is very good as well). In its latest incarnation it features a delayed start feature with more functionality planned for this feature in upcoming releases. WinPatrol's developer is very approachable as well and is very open to feature requests, suggestions, and criticisms. WinPatrol Pro comes with a lifetime license, which is becoming increasingly rare these days.

Another good tool that includes a very easy to use (though not as feature rich) startup manager is The Ultimate Troubleshooter.

Hmm... I hit post and walked away - probably an hour ago - and this didn't get posted because while I was typing (and subsequently away) Nighted, Ken and TucknDar posted their missives as well. Well! Good thing is that it gives me an opportunity to welcome chinablue32uk to the board as well!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version