ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

screen capture tool that appends captures to single image?

<< < (2/2)

lanux128:
i think he meant something like this: Re: Photo panorama creation

Perry Mowbray:
i think he meant something like this: Re: Photo panorama creation
-lanux128 (March 22, 2007, 10:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm pretty sure Nod5 just meant "stitching" as in joining together, not the positioning & blending that happens with panoramas.

There are some added benefits of this method, especially if the images are not going to be commented/referenced individually. For example: I wanted a block of images, 5 wide and 2 high, which are examples of my desktop for inserting into Word. They wont be titled, they'll just sit there together... it'd be easier (in Word) to have them as a single image to import and move where I like.

I know I could import all 10, position them, and group them, but this sounds nicer  ;)

To me it sounds like something that should be run from within ScreenShotCaptor, or accessible from the Context menu?

- Perry

Nod5:
Nighted & lanux128, No and No. Perry, Yes!  :D

We could separate:
1. Photo panorama maker: tool that takes several photos of the same motif from partly different angles and stiches them together to a large, borderless panorama photo. (PhotoShop can do this and so can the various standalone tools in the threaed lanux128 mentions)

2. contact sheet creator: tool that takes several images of different motifs and creates a large image with row and column separated thumbnails of the input images. (several mentioned in this DC thread )

3. "non-resizing input separating image appender": tool that takes several images, like partial area screenshots, and creates a large image with row and column separated non-resized copies of the input images.

I'm looking for a screen capture tool that does 3 automatically.

Here's a quick example of what I thought the output of 3 might look like when used to capture parts of a site (ideally background color, distance between images and so on should be customizable):
[attachthumb=#1][/attachthumb]

Some uses this would have:
- create an overview image of various parts of a site/application for use in a review
- create a photo mosaic by screencapping parts of your photos (when viewing them) to send to friends/family

lanux128:
i'll be interested too in a program that does all three.. :)

btw, IrfanView also does something similar..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version