ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Blue Screens : FARR? just wondering...

(1/2) > >>

Armando:
Hi people.

I've been experiencing Blue Screens since I got my new computer (Dell inspiron 6400, 9 months ago). "Memory Parity" errors, to be more specific. Now, I've tried pretty much everything I know to resolve my problem (changing RAM modules, removing drivers, changing the page file size, reinstalling windows...). But these damn Blue screens still appear once in a while. Recently, I noticed they always seemed to appear while using FARR. It could really well be mere coincidence. But, in my exasperation, I'm wondering if any of you experienced freezes or similar Blue Screens which could be related to... FARR. I'm hoping not, but at the same time, I so much to resolve that problem -- I've waisted so much time and lost data. i'm fed up.

many many thanks for any advice.

A.

jgpaiva:
Welll... From my experience.. No.
I've been running farr for more than an year, and never had any blue screens :)

(sorry to disappoint you ;) )

Armando:
On the contrary... I've become  so dependent on FARR.  :)
I never had any problems with my previous laptop.
I was thinking that *maybe* my problem is hard Drive related and that FARR (maybe -- only mouser knows...) has a special way to search the file system and, in some ways, exposes that problem. Just speculating.

A.

jgpaiva:
I already had a computer that gave me blue screens, and i was so interested in finding out what causing it that i didn't care for any of my programs anymore ;)

Well.. If you suspect of your HD, you should run the SMART check on it. IIRC, speedfan can do that check.

You also should run memcheck (any linux distro has that check included in the boot disk, i think), to make sure it isn't related to your memory.

If you have enough time, you could also reinstall windows, to check if it's related to drivers or not.

Armando:
Thanks jgpaiva

I already had a computer that gave me blue screens, and i was so interested in finding out what causing it that i didn't care for any of my programs anymore ;) -jgpaiva (March 25, 2007, 05:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, that's me.

I've tried everything you suggested : memtest for 12 hours  : nothing. Reinstalling : nada. Changing my RAM modules : niet. Etc. (I might eventually run 2 instances of prime95, and see, but not this week). After all that I've come to the conclusion that it could be related to my hard drive or my motherboard, but I can't be sure... Anyway, I'm now running the HD in "quiet mode" (a bios setting), and I haven't got a BSOD in ... Three days. (that's not enough days to conclude about anything). I first did that to reduce the temperature, but it didn't.
As long as I don't get more BOSDs, I'll be happy.

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version