ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Feature Request: Super Context...

<< < (2/4) > >>

nontroppo:
I actually envisaged that the great progressive find used to find the file/target is ALSO used for the actions. So when you <tab> you select the first element in the target list, you then start typing "edit" to edit and the edit action comes to the top of the list. This simply uses the same mechanism that the initial search FARR already does. I'd prefer that to key commands if possible as it is more intuitive.

I would prefer the items of the context menu - but not presented AS a menu, but as a list the same as your current target list. That's why I suggested a split-pane UI.

Can you perform different actions based on how long a key is pressed?

mouser:
i'll have to think about what you are saying - it makes some sense but it would be difficult to do with the current system..

kfitting:
I agree with nontroppo as far as usability is concerned... that would be a simple (workflow wise) way to do things.  But, is a split pane viewer required?  Could a menu be made to update?  This would require less modification, it seems to me, and also not wreck the simplicity inherent in FindRun's gui.  Worth looking into, though ctrl/alt/win modifications would still work. 

Kevin

nontroppo:
If I get a chance, I'll mock something up in photoshop; various UI ideas to play with...

mouser:
cool, that would be useful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version