ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

how tidy and complete is your music library?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Nighted:
Which music library, on which hard drive, and in which folder? ;)

f0dder:
I rip my stuff myself, grab the cd info from freedb but look through and correct it in case of errors. I rip to one big wav + a cuesheet (with FLAC compression later on), and when I have a batch of CDs ripped, I use Album Cover Art Downloader to find album covers... going to have to scan a few myself, though, since not everything can be found in a decent quality (512x512 JPEG).

I'm using a naming scheme like Dimmu Borgir [1997] - Enthrone Darkness Triumphant for the folders, so I don't really have to do any special indexing of the folders. Other indexing is done better by the meta-info in the cue-sheets anyway.

urlwolf:
Do you use replaygain tags?
I thought I had that controlled, but mediamonkey seems to be using its own way, and I cannot find any replaygain info when looking at my files with mp3tag.

Most of the CDs I ripped myself are ogg -q6, which uses a different tagging (vorbisgain).

What is the best way to get replaygain tags for every filetype easily? foobar maybe?

nite_monkey:
I don't really mind what my music looks like, I can still get to it. ;D

app103:
I went through the trouble to organize everything all nice & neat by creating a folder for every artist, trying to create a subfolder for every album, labeling the album folders with the release year so they are in chronological order...

Then realized that I was only doing it to be obsessive since it doesn't matter...

Winamp's library will find them no matter what way I organize them and in the end, that is how I find the songs I want to hear.

All of that organizing was a big waste of my time. But for some reason I still feel I have a need to keep doing it and refining it and making it better and more organized.

Maybe I am just bored and need a new hobby.  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version