ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > UrlSnooper

Network Adapter Detection Fails

<< < (2/5) > >>

hypemnd:
Any ideas on this?

enar:
Mouser: This may help some people.

I started this reply by explaining that I'm running Vista Home Premium, that Network adapter detection also failed for me, that device manager shows that I have an Intel PRO/100 VE, that clicking on Auto Determine Network Adapter didn't do anything, that you mentioned selecting "your card manually" however I couldn't because the drop-down list for Network Adapters was empty, blah, blah, blah......

...then before calling it quits and uninstalling the program, I read your suggestion to run url snooper with administrative rights... I right clicked on the icon, ticked run as administrator, restarted the program and voila ....IT WORKS.... it's showing the adapter as Intel PRO/100 VE and the program works as its supposed to.....

Apparently guys don't like getting or taking instructions.....had I tried running as administrator earlier I would have saved myself some grief.... btw, I thought I installed v2.18.01 but going to About shows that it's v2.17.01... did someone forget to change some text in the source code or does clicking on the download for v2.18 actually give you v2.17??

mouser:
Thanks for the report enar  :Thmbsup:

I think need to either make it so it don't need admin rights OR have some kind of check that reports on vista that its not running under admin rights and needs to be.  And also try to have the installer set it to run as admin automatically.

As for version:
I think i probably just forgot to update the about box (ask people around here it's something i regularly mess up  :-[ ).  My about box shows i'm running 2.17.01 as well :)

hypemnd:
Thanks for the help.  I had the same problem as enar originally, and after running with admin rights I was able to see the network adapters.  However, it still won't auto-determine the network adapter and when the adapter is selected manually and sniffing is started, it just says "Sniffing network traffic from WinPcap NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Adapter Driver (IP 192.168.1.104).."   The packet counter never starts.

kajinofe:
Similar problem but I use Win XP pro.  I downloaded 2.18.01 beta and had the problem detecting the NIC.  I didn't change any hardware or anything, same old settings for my windows as well.  I tried v2.14.02 and it worked like it used to.  Not sure where the problem lies but that's my story.  Some of you who are having problems detecting the card should download that version and try it.  It's still on the website.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version