ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Babylon discount

(1/10) > >>

Curt:
For several years I've been using Babylon, and I find it to be maybe THE best and fastest dictionary at the market, so this add comes with my warmest recommendation. Avanquest has now taken up Babylon, and will for the next 48 hours offer Babylon at only £25, compared to the normal price £45.

Find this secret link at http://web.avanquest.com/ML/2007/Babylon/AQUK/12/Babylon_0307.htm

Don't forget to check out all the small but free add-on dictionaries as well.

Curt:
 Don't forget to check out all the small but free add-on dictionaries as well. -Curt (March 22, 2007, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

You should know that one of the free dictionaries you can have for Babylon is Moby Thesaurus:

dexterity:

ability, acuity, acuteness, address, adeptness, adroitness, airmanship, aptitude, aptness, art, artfulness, artisanship, artistry, astuteness, braininess, bravura, brightness, brilliance, canniness, capability, capacity, clear thinking, cleverness, command, competence, control, coordination, craft, craftsmanship, cunning, deftness, dexterousness, dextrality, dextrocularity, dextrorotation, diplomacy, efficiency, effortlessness, esprit, expertise, facility, finesse, flair, genius, giftedness, gifts, grace, grip, guile, handiness, horsemanship, ingeniousness, ingenuity, keenness, knack, know-how, marksmanship, mastery, nimbleness, nous, proficiency, prowess, quickness, readiness, resource, resourcefulness, rightness, savoir-faire, savvy, seamanship, sharp-wittedness, sharpness, shrewdness, skill, skillfulness, sleight, sleight of hand, smartness, smarts, smoothness, style, tact, tactfulness, talent, technical skill, technique, timing, touch, virtuosity, wit, wizardry, workmanship
-Moby Thesaurus
--- End quote ---

mouser:
looks like a really nice all around tool - i'm going to give it a look.
(though im positive it wont have nearly the power that mobysaurus has for use as a pure thesaurus -- no program i've seen is better at exploring synonyms than mobysaurus).

Curt:
looks like a really nice all around tool - i'm going to give it a look.
(though im positive it wont have nearly the power that mobysaurus has for use as a pure thesaurus -- no program i've seen is better at exploring synonyms than mobysaurus).

-mouser (March 23, 2007, 10:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Babylon has a lot more than nearly the power requested, but it is not a thesaurus only, so I am not sure if such a comparison would be fair. Babylon is a dictionary and a thesaurus and a translator. My Babylon is 470 MB and will wait for a second before loading. A beginner's version may be some 20 - 100 MB and will show up at once.

----
Just a screenshot of Settings:

mouser:
just to clarify, i didn't mean that babylon wasn't a super powerful program, only that if you are looking for the most powerful and feature packed pure thesaurus, designed for exploring synonyms, mobysaurus is the one  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version