ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Babylon discount

<< < (9/10) > >>

cyberdiva:
Thanks very much, urlwolf and Shades, for this recommendation.  I've been looking for something to put on my netbook, since my Babylon 6 license is only for my desktop.  (Indeed, as I was in the process of transferring Babylon to my new desktop, I got a message from Babylon claiming I was using it on too many computers.  I explained to them that I was merely transferring it to a new computer, and they gave me a new license # and told me the old one would expire in a week.  This seems fair enough, and it sure beats the nasty response they made to urlwolf!)

Shades, is there some reason you use Lingoes only in off-line mode?   

Shades:
@cyberdiva:
If you must know...that particular PC is not connected to any network...and I want to keep it that way.
As I use the PC to write to my Paraguayan girlfriend, it forces me to think more about what I say and not take the easy way out by writing in English and use Lingoes (that in turn can use Google or other web-based translation service) to do the complete translation for me.

My girlfriend only speaks Spanish (Latin-American) and Guarani...my level of Spanish is not that high I'm afraid to admit. Most of my days are spent talking/writing in English, Dutch and German...so that is not helping my studies of Spanish. Guarani I am not even going to try: that is a really "hellish" language to learn (which is spoken only in Paraguay, it is a very 'rich' language though and I understand from the Paraguayans here that the language is excellent for telling jokes).

Ah well lets expand this post with a travel tip for the time you might end up in the 'campo' from Paraguay. Never say: ejapiro, because people cannot translate its meaning even when they speak Spanish fluently, but it is highly offensive.

cyberdiva:
Hi, Shades.  Thanks for your response.  I wondered whether perhaps you distrusted Lingoes, but I see that's clearly not the case.  I've now downloaded and installed it on my desktop to try it out, and I think I will go ahead and put it on my netbook.  It's not as good as Babylon Pro, but with the Vicon Spanish-English and English-Spanish dictionaries, it's better than I'd expected.  And the price is certainly right.  :)

Muchas gracias otra vez.

Curt:
Lingoes is fine :-) However, it is worrying that nothing regarding Lingoes has been updated since 2010. It was updated for Firefox 3, and then we heard no more.

Curt:
Both the Babylon site and the program have been updated. However, Babylon 9 still doesn't work with Firefox (8.01). My reason for posting is that Babylon right now is offering a 50% discount (and why wouldn't they), but you better first TEST IT!

https://store.babylon.com/index.php?store_id=52&ui_template=121&voucher=LSTSALPRO50P&type=2724&trid=PUCPRO8LARE9AENG&uid=39739056&affilID=55555&trkInfo=[TType%3A260910_oldcnd][dw%3A1][organic_word%3Awaterpas][textlink%3Agkn19880]&vid=1272619788-3447543158&lang=1&template_id=6

-wow, that is a long address! Does it even work?  :tellme:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version