ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

For DC Fans: Bring DC Forum to your Desktop for searching/browsing/etc.

<< < (5/7) > >>

mouser:
what wordzilla doesn't know is that i planted a codyvirus in his forum signature.. each time he posts cody steals one big giant gold coin from him :)

one of the best things about asking for donations is that it has enabled us to get a nice server with generous bandwidth so we don't yet have to worry about such things.

superboyac:
This is pretty cool.  If you really wanted to do it right, may I suggest this:
have some kind of program that will update the archive on your computer, similar to how virus definitions are updated every day.  This way, the archive on your computer will always be up to date.

Of course, this is really hardcore.  I've never heard of a forum archiving it's content!  Gotta love it here!

nosh:
have some kind of program that will update the archive on your computer, similar to how virus definitions are updated every day.  This way, the archive on your computer will always be up to date.
-superboyac (April 28, 2007, 10:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think there's wayyy too much geeky info constantly bombing my poor brain already. I certainly wouldn't  bother replicating anything, if you're so inclined you could run a site grabber of your own and set it to update as often as you care to. IDM has the most amazing site grabber built in, easy to use (wizard based), _highly_ configurable & light on resources. Software doesn't get much sexier.

Wordzilla:
New package. Up-to-date as of 17 May 2007.

Download: http://www.mrmouser.com/crawl/DCForumCrawl070517.rar

76.01MB RAR package containing 9,150 individual html files. It is mouser-killing! :D

Darwin:
Sweet, thanks Wordzilla! BTW, I neglected to underline, bold and italicise the fact that when you've finished indexing the rar file (using Archivarius but probably others like Google, MS and Copernic search engines as well), you can delete it and still read the indexed search results. Of course, you have to set things up so that the indexer doesn't automatically scan that folder for updates...

This means that the donationcoder forums are fully searchable for under 80 MB (not 200 as I reported above).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version