ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

For DC Fans: Bring DC Forum to your Desktop for searching/browsing/etc.

<< < (4/7) > >>

Ampa:
Hmm... somehow this feels weird. Downloading an archive of a website to improve the searchability doesn't strike me as the 'correct' approach. Surely we need to invest our effort into better searchability on the web?

brett:
Hmm... somehow this feels weird. Downloading an archive of a website to improve the searchability doesn't strike me as the 'correct' approach. Surely we need to invest our effort into better searchability on the web?
-Ampa (April 28, 2007, 01:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

The first thing that leaps to mind is that I can now carry DC on a large thumb drive, all of wonderful DC, every little bit.
Show me a web search that matches Copernic and I will gladly change. Thanks for the effort Wordzilla, truly helpful.

Brett

mrainey:
Does this forum downloading wind up costing Mouser some money?

Wordzilla:
Thanks guys, glad you like it!  :-*

As Ampa points out, this does not look like one of the best ways to enhanced forum searchability - indeed it's just temporary solution.

We need it coz so far Googlebot seems to have bypassed quite a lot of forum topics and esp. posts in topics that span multiple pages, and SMF forum search is well-known to suck. :(

btw, mouser and I have come up with a beta forum sitemap script that keeps search engines up-to-date on every single public topic and post on the forum, let's c how it works.  :)

Wordzilla:
Does this forum downloading wind up costing Mouser some money?
-mrainey (April 28, 2007, 03:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, he's complaining to me about huge financial loss!  :D

j/k. Every time the crawler is at work, both DC and I lose 1GB of available monthly allocated bandwidth, but that's no big deal at all. 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version