ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I found a jewel of a program: XMplay

<< < (2/8) > >>

Darwin:
Yeah, I should have added (and meant to do so) that I don't care about skinning and album art - just a feature rich lightweight player.

iphigenie:
I actually dislike skinning - I have windows blinds and I would rather have a program that uses my chosen skin rather than one that has its own skinning system...
I'm not sure why so many programs have their own skinning thingie nowadays, you end up having 5 or 6 different looking apps and it confuses everyone

f0dder:
Yeah, I'm also not a fan of skinning. I can't think of a single application where I've liked it (well,  I did have a sevaral-year period where I liked winamp skins, but then I moved to foobar...).

urlwolf:
Have used this for many years.

The Pros are huge, but it is a one man project and updates are irregular (last major update Dec '05). Some feature requests have been waiting years and not yet seen the light of day.

The community is small too, which means that there is a fairly slow trickle of skins etc, but so long as you are happy with one of the existing ones you will not find such a compact and high quality player anywhere else - try it out!

Ampa
-Ampa (March 22, 2007, 09:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
3.4 is comming out any time now (according to Ian in the forums).
But this program deserves being better known. I just filled a review at download.com. Maybe you should write about/rate it in some other review sites. The larger the community, the more features we'll get. Plus, it is just sad that people are stuck with monstruosities like WMP or itunes, while beaties like this get no attention. Getting this program to be better known is almost a moral obligation :)

quantumrider:
Darwin: Could you also include the Quintessential Player http://quinnware.com/ in your comparison? I am curious...

I have been using it for some time now, also using it with ozone, I have the monsoon speakers http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1011 sadly they are note available anywhere anymore... and with ozone the sound is just great, also they have a link on quinnware site to get the ozone at a discounted price...

please update us on your finding with quintessential player included...

-ark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version