ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I found a jewel of a program: XMplay

<< < (7/8) > >>

Darwin:
Cool, Nod5, I'll have to give these a try. I'm onto using a third mp3 player recommended by urlwolf: WinAmp 5.5 (xmplay was the first)... xmplay is still one of my favourites because it's so light and simple to use. I just wish it had better playlist and library organisation support. On that note, I suppose I should check the website for updates. It's been a long while...

lanux128:
reviving an old thread but i couldn't figure this out. how do i add files to the playlist via command-line? e.g. with Winamp, i could use this cmd: "winamp.exe /ADD <some.mp3>"

is there an equivalent command in XMP? :tellme:

Nod5:
As far as I know you can only use command line to open files (which clears any previous track from the playlist).
http://support.xmplay.com/article.php?id=35
Opening Files
This is done by giving the full path name to XMPlay. For example:
"c:\XMPlay.exe" "c:\Music\Garbage - Supervixen.ogg"
And multiple songs:
"c:\XMPlay.exe" "c:\Music\Garbage - Supervixen.ogg" "c:\Music\Creed - One.ogg"
Opening Folders
This is done by giving the full path of the directory to XMPlay. For example:
"c:\XMPlay.exe" "c:\Music\Ogg\"
And multiple directories:
"c:\XMPlay.exe" "c:\Music\Ogg\" c:\Music\Mp3\"
--- End quote ---

Adding files can be done through DDE via autohotkey. See the ahk source for my small scripts above for details and http://support.xmplay.com/article.php?id=17 . I also want to be able to add files to the xmplay playlist (specifically from the FARR plugin albumdisplayer that I've been working on) so I'll sooner or later try to make a small AHK script that just takes one or more file paths as input and then silently adds them to the xmplay playlist. If you don't make it first that is  ;D

invenit:
I found a jewel of a program: XMplay
--- End quote ---

Awesome player & my new favorite for Windows! I finally tested it this week (using WinXP more these days since I installed BitWare for business).

By the way, if anybody uses Ubuntu v8.04 then check out RealPlayer 11. Sleek & fast, I no longer use XMMS for StreamTuner; RealPlayer 11 absolutely rocks for radio streams (KUAT, KUSC, Polski Classical, etc.). It's really an open secret in linux.  :D

Nod5:
Lanux128, try AHK_xmplay_input_to_playlist_DDEML   v080821

;-----------------------------------
; autohotkey script for silently adding to Xmplay playlist through DDE
;  takes file(s)/folder(s)/playlist(s) as input parameter
; - drop input on AHK_xmplay_input_to_playlist_DDEML.exe or
; - pass input as quote enclosed, space separated command line parameters
;  (use no end slash for folders!)
;   example: C:\AHK_xmplay_input_to_playlist_DDEML.exe "C:\musicfolder" "C:\music2\song.mp3"
;
; made by nod5 , version 080821
; using DDEML by sean, http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/topic19169.html
;-----------------------------------

The attached zip includes:
68b207b3d1dca7511752b8fd8a2d3cac *AHK_xmplay_input_to_playlist_DDEML.ahk
390dc531993efe6af2ac7d271f2d8712 *AHK_xmplay_input_to_playlist_DDEML.exe

note: to add all input files one by one to Xmplay playlist through DDE took noticeably long time. To speed things up I let the script first make a temporary .pls playlist file containing all input files, then add the .pls to Xmplay though DDE, then delete the .pls. Xmplay automatically adds all files from the .pls.

note2: there might be some upper limit to the number of files or total length of the command line string that can be passed to the script, though I haven't looked into that (it is not built in by me but might be due to some limit in autohotkey or windows)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version