ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your favorite eBay/auction helping software?

(1/9) > >>

mouser:
I want to start a thread about ebay/auction helping software from those who use such tools..  There are some really great ones I know.

Anyone want to volunteer to help me build a nice list with screenshots and info for these tools similar to what tomos did for disc cataloguers: here?

mouser:
No one here uses any ebay helper software?

Here's a very cool free one i discovered recently, called AuctionSieve.  Seems pretty darn cool to me.

Just using search keywords is not enough. Let me tell you a secret  - the real bargains are often hidden behind bad auction titles! But who has the time to wade through every item in an ebay category looking for these. There's always lots of stuff you know you're not interested in. What if you could instantly get rid of these things? That's what AuctionSieve does!
You're often still left with a mighty long list. And that's where AuctionSieve really goes to work. It prioritises the rest of the auctions according to your criteria - and it's a snap to set up!
All the items are -
    *   filtered (instantly hide junk you're not interested in)
    *   grouped in a recognisable way
    *   in order of importance
If you only have a short amount of time at the end of the day to check the closing auctions, you can just scan the important top few items in the generated list -  drastically reducing your time spent searching eBay. Still want to use just regular ebay searches? AuctionSieve can do that too. Save an unlimited number of searches. Combine the results from multiple searches.

--- End quote ---

http://www.auctionsieve.com

taichimaster:
Well long time ago, I have used some sort of sniping tool before :)  Bid with just a few seconds left to maximize chance of winning *grins*

mouser:
Yes there are some good sniping and tracking tools as well.  The one i know most is AuctionTamer:

AuctionTamer is a unique multi-site auction software program that allows you to do your homework before snatching that great buy, and also takes the hassle out of selling with the added Sellers add-on.  AuctionTamer supports eBay US, eBay Austria, eBay Australia, eBay Canada, eBay France, eBay Germany, eBay Italy, eBay Netherlands, eBay United Kingdom, eBay Stores, eBay Motors, Amazon US, Amazon UK, Yahoo US, uBid, Bidville, GunBroker and many others.  Click here for a complete list of supported sites.  AuctionTamer works with foreign currencies and international regional settings.  The Sellers add-on for AuctionTamer includes a complete  Auction Posting module with enhanced scheduling and many post auction management features!

*  Unique tabbed browser.  Easily switch between internet sites with one click.
    * Accurate eBay clock (synchronizes with eBay Time and does not adjust your system clock).
    * Fully customizable watch list that allows you to add your own columns.
    * Last Bid, number of Bids & High Bidder are updated automatically.
    * Auction items in the list are color coded by auction site for easy recognition.
    * Quick buttons for seller feedback, other seller items & bid history.
    * Tabs to organize your watch list into 8 categories (Open, Closed, Won, Other, Selling, Sold, Not Sold & Seller Other)
    * Reserve not met indicator.
    * Drag and Drop auction items for easier adding from search lists.
    * Auto Login - Just press a browser tab and AuctionTamer will load the web page fill in your login info and submit the page.
    * Save/Print Web Page.

--- End quote ---

My experience with AuctionTamer is that it is an extremely powerful intuitive tool.  However it's moved more and more to becoming an expensive pay-per-month service and so i think it's really only for hardcore daily auction users.

http://www.auctiontamer.com

botkachenko:
Here is one more very solid and probably most famous eBay snipping software: Auction Sentry. There are Standard and Deluxe editions available for $14.95 (one time fee) and $24.95 (one year license fee) respectively. The main difference is that Deluxe version features embedded web browser and more convenient way to represent you personal list of items. After testing period I purchased Deluxe version and absolutely content with it. Helped to save a lot of money already ;)

Another option is BayGenie eBay Auction Sniper Pro Edition ($14.95 One time Charge, Free version available), but I find it somewhat not stable...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version