ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: a self-scrolling, BPM adjustable html/notepad/text file gizmo

<< < (4/18) > >>

pinkjimiphoton:
just tried it as you suggested, worked perfect...i just have to get used to it, never worked with .XML before.
sometimes it will paste directly, sometimes i have to hit enter...seems if i copy from the edit  command in my irfanview's toolbar for instance, i can paste directly in...VERY handy!!
if copying from a web page, as long as i copy one pic at a time it seems to perform brilliantly...tho i have to hit enter then.
screen shot of me and the mrs. :

this is freekin great, Gothi(c)....i believe you have made the MOTHER of all notepads!!!
thank you!!!
i'd give ya ten thumbs up, but i dunno if the gui would let me!
=))

Gothi[c]:
it could be because i don;t have MS office or something, but xml displays the same as html ddoes, just with more colourful formatting.
--- End quote ---

That's very strange,... maybe try the procedures i described in my previous post, if that doesn't work i'm all out of ideas, maybe you have a different version of the richedit control.

Find the file C:\windows\system32\riched20.dll and right-click it, properties, version tab, and see what it sais under the version tab. I have it working with 5.30.23.1228

when you enter a number into the title field of the text bar, it starts scrolling immediately!
--- End quote ---
That would be a little bug, i forgot to do an extra check to see if it's in play state when changing the text. I can fix that easily in a next version :)

is there any way to make it scroll slightly smoother??
--- End quote ---
I probably won't be able to fix that without doing platform specific calls or without making my own richedit control (which would be alot of work) since the wxRichEditCtrl control only implements ScrollLines() and ScrollPages() and ScrollToIntoView(textpos),... meaning i can only make it scroll line by line, not pixel by pixel, with the existing available API. Maybe ii can put an #ifdef for windows builds and stick in an

--- ---SendMessage(Handle, WM_VSCROLL,ScrollEventType.SmallIncrement, 0)

Gothi[c]:
just tried it as you suggested, worked perfect

--- End quote ---

oops, i posted while you already responded :) that's great!!
:D

pinkjimiphoton:
LOL.....where i did it wrong was i tried to use it to OPEN an html. instead of just select all/copy/paste into the BPM...so when i saved it as .xml. it saved it with all the formatting tags visible...
as soon as i did it the other way, total success...
thanks, this thing rawks !!!
the smooth scrolling isn't crucial....if it happens, cool, but i don;t need it really...
if the start thing cvan be addressed, cool, if not, i'm so jazzed i don't care!!!
[;)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
wicked cool!!

mouser:
congratulations gothic, it's wonderful too see work like this  :-* :-*

ps.all this talk makes me realize that this might actually make for a good firefox extension task..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version