ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Choosing a keyboard and a mouse

<< < (4/5) > >>

chinablue32uk:
Have a look at the Microsoft Bluetooth desktop elite  I have this and it is great batteries last ages and futhermore if you have any problems you can not beat microsoft support,i damaged my first one my fault but I phoned them and told them it was damaged never said how but they replaced the whole set with no problems

cthorpe:
I've had two logitech mice crap out on my in the past year.  On both of them, the middle button (scroll wheel) started intermittently double-clicking (and sometimes even triple clicking) whenever I would click it once.  This makes browsing a pain as middle clicking a link to open it in a tab sometimes causes two or more identical tabs to open.  The one I have right now is a MX310.  Sorry I don't remmeber what the other one was.

Carl

roadrunner2525:
First of all, hello to everyone.  Since I just did this, I would like to put my 2 cents in.  I bought a Logitech Mouse (MX518) and a Microsoft keyboard (Media Pro).  I love the keyboard.  Key pressure is good - kind of reminds me of a silent IBM keyboard.  Only thing I have to get used to is evidently sometimes, the Function Lock key comes unlocked and the function keys are different.  I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out why F5 was trying to open a file when I was wanting to refresh explorer.

But the mouse was the big surprise.  Never having used a gaming mouse, I was expecting a steep learning curve to just use the mouse.  But it obviously was the right choice for me.  Great feel.  I particularly like the ability to change resolution on the fly.  But I haven't gotten brave enough to start programming either one.  Soon, I hope   ;D

mouser:
Welcome to the site roadrunner2525.  all i can say is:

I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out why F5 was trying to open a file when I was wanting to refresh explorer.
--- End quote ---

been there. done that.  :P

f0dder:
Grmbl, I hate those keyboards with "fancy keys" overlaid on the Fx buttons, and defaulting to "fancy key" mode :(.

I'm sorta looking for a new keyboard myself, the IBM one I have is decent enough, but I'd like softer (and silent!, so I can code while the girlfriend is sleeping) keypresses. Dunno about ergonomic - I'd die if the keyboard at work wasn't ergo, but i'm afraid it wouldn't work that well when coding.

gjehle: en/us keyboard layout is definitely better when coding, Danish layout seems similar to german - pain in the buttocks. Good thing I used DOS so much, with games and some apps not respecting the keyboard mapping and reading they keyboard directly... gave me a good feel for the en/us layout :)

It's so nice that I can set keyboard locale per-app on windows, just alt+shift and notepad++ is en en/us mode, leaving the rest in Danish so I can type my æøåÆØÅ without any funkiness.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version