ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Choosing a keyboard and a mouse

<< < (3/5) > >>

Lashiec:
mouser, about your keyboard, do you have the wireless combination or only the keyboard? I'm asking because I found the wireless desktop right in the shop where I'm going to buy the monitor (maybe I should check the graduation of the glasses again...)

EDIT: Yep, I should check the glasses and the brain. The keyboard is way different. Sorry!

skywalka:
The closer the keyboard is to your body the more you will benefit from an ergonomic keyboard.

If you have your arms stretched out in front of you, a regular keyboard isn't as bad as they can be.

Earthcoder:
Im a Logitech G15 Keyboard - One with the screen and 18 Macro keys x3 - It maybe my fave keyboard yet, Love the screen shows me the time, and what music i am playing and alot more, so dont need much on my desk top screen, My pc setup has no Start Menu or system try, I use the keyboard or Find and run robot. Its all you need, 18 macro keys x3 is very handy for loading programs or tools from a keyboard.

My mouse i use is Logitech MX518 - 2 side buttons i use matched to Page up and down, Which i ue in games, The 2 buttons on the wheel i use for ClipTray and Paste the Middle app key i use for Find and run Robot
I find it a nice mouse for gaming and office work.
Just wish there was a mouse with 20 buttons on it and still be comfy :P would never need to move.

But i also have another keyboard - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BTC-9116URF-Mini-Wireless-HTPC-MCE-Keyboard-Mouse-Usb_W0QQitemZ190091678350QQcmdZViewItem
For when im sat watching Tv or in bed, Very handy mini keyboard with mouse joystick built in, Also can be used as games joypad :P

Lashiec:
But that's a gaming keyboard... it's a bit too "modern" for me, even me being myself a hardcore gamer.

I've found yet another Microsoft combination. The problem wasn't lying in my short sight or the dying neurons in my brain, but in the bad design of the shop webpage, with the names of the different products waaaaayyyy too abbreviated. Anyway, this time is the 6000 one, which looks and (seems to) work cool enough. Only one caveat: the image showed by the page corresponds to the first version, and Microsoft released an updated (almost new) package since then, which seems even better, judging for the reviews I read. I'll check on Thursday along with the remaining components (all of them) for the PC.

For now, the Genius packages had been discarded due to the lack of information about them. I've also discarded the MX3000 and 3200 because of the high price (not that the 6000 is much cheaper, but I save around 20 €), and the LX5, because the mouse keeps receiving bad press wherever it goes. Also, no separate keyboard and mouse. The trend within the companies seems to be going towards wireless combinations, and because of this, you can't really find decent keyboards around. So, it seems the battle is between the aforementioned Microsoft offer, and the Logitech LX710. Who will win? I'll tell you when I got an Internet connection at home ;D

By the way, if you're thinking in upgrading some PC components, I'll root for memory DIMMs. They're downright cheap!

gjehle:
well,
i'm kinda against the wireless thingy, because of the downside mouser already mentioned (i don't want that thing dieing on me in the middle of whatever)

right now i'm using a cheap ass no-name keyboard and some old logitec mouseman pro dual optical.
i'm more than happy with the mouser, but the keyboard is so-so

once i'm a little better on the cash side i think i'll go for a laptop-style keyboard
i prefer very soft and short keypresses with an almost subtle pressure point (i dont want to use any force to press down the button, it takes too much time)

but most important is the keyboard layout
here in germany the layout is total BS for coders [ and ] are altgr+8 altgr+9 all the special chars cre on top of the number row !"§$%&/()=?` or god knows where
to get to my beloved negating character ~ i even have to go as far as pressing altgr+] (us) altgr++ (de)

i think if you're giving thoughts to what hardware to buy, i'd also put some of your time into thinking if you're using a proper layout
if you're in the US you're ok already, i switched to en_US keyboard layout years ago to prevent finger-breakage while coding c/c++
works like a charm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version