ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

List of disc catalogers

<< < (16/34) > >>

Darwin:
This is a real bargain for only  9000$/8000€  commercial licence (ok for 5 installations).
The cheaper version for non-profit-usage costs only the half of it 
--- End quote ---

Truly a bargain at twice the price! I bet the non-profit organisations are fighting with each other to get in the queue to buy a copy. I mean, who could resist at these prices? It's more expensive than AFO or WhereIsIt?, etc. so it must be better, right?

lanux128:
Darwin, this is the feature that i'm looking for & i couldn't find it in both - ADO & WhereIsIt?.. when adding a CD containing Internet Explorer's favorites to the catalog, it would be nice if the urls are also extracted & saved with the catalog. i don't know if this is already available but i couldn't find it anywhere in the options.. :)

Darwin:
Hmm. That's an interesting point - a feature I had not considered but now that you've brought it to my attention, compelling! As it happens I have my favourites backed up onto a thumbdrive that has been indexed by both WhereIsIt? and AFO. I can confirm that neither of them stored the actual url in the index. I'll play around with the settings in both and see if I can modify this... As you've likely already done this, I'm not hopeful! I'll get back to you, likely tomorrow.

tomos:
Hey! I found the most expensive File/Disc-Cataloger on the world today (not yet included in the list).

It´s Catalyzer http://www.axiope.com/userguides/desktop/importheaders.html
This is a real bargain for only 9000$/8000€ commercial licence (ok for 5 installations).
The cheaper version for non-profit-usage costs only the half of it  :D
How could you call such a pricing? Harakiri-Marketing?
-Crush (May 23, 2007, 11:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

hey, they wont need to sell many though  :D

Darwin:
Hi again Lanux - I can't find anyting in either app that will enable the saving of url's in indexes... I'd e-mail the author of WhereIsIt? but he's not available. Let's see what the dev of AFO has to say though...

Quick Update: I e-mailed both devs. Can't tell from the response I received from WhereIsIt?'s dev whether he'll respond after the 27th or not (ie the autoresponse merely states that it's an autoresponse but doesn't say whether or not I should expect a real response in the future!). We'll see what happens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version