ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

List of disc catalogers

<< < (9/34) > >>

lanux128:
Darwin, due to this reason here, i am testing new programs to check out their features.. therefore i need to insert/eject the optical media.. that is what i meant in the earlier post.. :)

btw Crush, i put in some of my criteria so that we can brainstorm and identify a few major criteria.. also on the merge catalog feature, i was thinking of cdTree (see pic) but since it was last updated on Dec 26, 2004, i want to be on the safe side.. :)

lanux128:
saw this item at lifehacker.com - Find files on CDs with Robocopy snapshots..

a cool trick but one problem is that it uses Robocopy, which is a part of the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools (a 11.8MB download)..

tomos:
there was a post somewhere here (I'm sure it was dc) lately about a GUI for Robocopy -
I got the impression that the download included Robocopy but I could well have been wrong.

Yeah, theres a link there for GUI version at the bottom of that lifehacker page.
It's just over 1MB.

PS I havent forgotten about putting up Crush's list somewhere.
Just very busy at the mo & still dont know how the feck to do it.
It would be nice if I could automatically make a table here from a .CSV file, maybe I should post that as a request/snack ...

Crush:
Tomos, you can create such a table with saving to .html in OpenOffice. You only have to copy the result into the modify-Message Window.
Otherwise there are tools like http://www.winload.de/download/56289/Internet/HTML-Editoren/CSV2HTML-0.9.7.html?empfehlung2 or http://www.hidekik.com/en/csv2html/csv2html.cgi to convert .csv-files.

Did I tell you that there are now 213 Entries in my list?

superboyac:
What about WhereIsIt?

I thought it is commonly known as the best of the bunch, but maybe things have changed.  I like it, and it is one of the first pieces of software I have ever bought.  Very powerful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version