ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

SkyIDE got a brand new project manager - Please express your opinion

(1/4) > >>

SkyIDE:
The next release of SkyIDE will have a brand new project manager. Here is a very early development screenshot. I just tested the core and it works 100%

I hope you like what you see. Fonts, icons, images, the polishing bits will be fixed once I have the full core working.

Now I have to change/convert a lot of sections of code. This code is a complete re-write from scratch. SkyIDE's current project manager is very basic but extremely complicated so I decided to do something about it. I hope this new project manager will move SkyIDE a bit further up as the project manager is the heart of an IDE. Please tell me what you think.

By the way Jesse: Arrays are gone! This new solution is completely array-independent.

http://www.skyide.com/images/temp/projectman.png

P.S. Ignore the extra buttons on the main screen. Again, I will polish everything once I get everything working. Here I give you an idea of how things will work.

Gothi[c]:
I like this layout of projects/ folders/ files. Great change.

SkyIDE:
Thank You Gothi[c]! I am glad you like it, especially the fact that it is you that likes -- it is great! :D I hope Jesse likes it too :) Yours and Jesse's opinion are most greatly appreciated because you have been here since my very first post for SkyIDE and I have always listened carefully! Of course others are appreciated too just as much. I never close my ears when I read your advices but sometimes I just have to research things.

SkyIDE:
Oh and by the way!

Newly created folders and files in the project's dir are automatically detected and added and are part of the project!

So for example you create a new folder in C:\Projects\TestProject1\ using Windows Explorer -- when you relaunch the project or re-start SkyIDE, the new folders will already be part of the project!

So you don't have to add them separately. The same applies for files too. Just create your files and folders via explorer and they will be visible. Removing files from project? Simply delete the files/folders from the project directory.

This means, you can manage your project files outside SkyIDE by simply deleting/creating files via the Windows Explorer interface!

mouser:
I like it.
Question: Can you still add any files you want to a project? Files from outside the main project directory, etc?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version