topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:02 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: (His) Microsoft Google Yahoo Stories  (Read 5098 times)

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
(His) Microsoft Google Yahoo Stories
« on: March 05, 2007, 10:16 AM »
One always wonder how it will be working for big software companies. Although everyone knows how nice is working at Google (not to mention its level of geekness), and the flexible working routine at Microsoft (letting you finish your work earlier than in most places so you can enjoy time with your family), this blog entry sheds some new light over the working method at those three companies. A light that would make computer-involved folks go: "hey, I choose the right career after all!" and everyone else would cry: "HOLY CRAP! What was I thinking when I choose to study for this pitiful job?!". An excerpt:

During my freshman year in college, I joined and eventually chaired our school’s ACM Windows programming student group (...) I organized xbox tournaments, install fests (bring your computer and get Windows or Visual Studio installed for free), and programming competitions. We could expense meals and took student leaders out to nice italian restaurants. Lastly, we had retreats to Seattle and Brazil. A week in Brazil was the perfect climax, where we partied and enjoyed caipirinhas. We crashed in nice hotels and ordered room service at four in the morning. The cherry on top was taking a private jet to see the Foz do Iguaçu waterfalls.

Now this is a real WOW experience. When you recall Gates and Ballmer's words about open source communists stealing their hard-earned dollars, you ask yourself if they really are stealing something (not that they're doing it, mind you) giving the incredible amount of expenses for this kind of programs (I assume they only exist in USA...). What it's clear now is that Richard Stallman doesn't care about proprietary software. The thing that is bugging him is that the Free Software Foundation can't afford all those luxuries, so he goes mad :)

I know that the post is not exactly brand-new (the Internet nature, you know) but it's still pretty amazing, and finally explains why Vista took 5 years, and Google apps are in a perpetual beta phase. Only Yahoo! seem to be a hard-working company :D

2007-03-05_172252.jpg(His) Microsoft Google Yahoo Stories

via CyberNet News

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: (His) Microsoft Google Yahoo Stories
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 06:07 AM »