ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Reverse Regex Generator

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
I'm not 100% sure the existing regex helper tools don't do this, and i suspect this may not be at all simple, but i'd love to see a little utilitity that could take a regular expression and generates some random test strings that match it.  It would be extremely useful i think.

Anyone know of such a tool or want to give it a try?

tinjaw:
Hmm, that sounds like a really good way to get a handle on regular expressions. What better way to learn then to code them? Hmm.

[Tinjaw checks his schedule and ToDo list]

Hmm

Ruffnekk:
Wow nice idea! I wonder if it's feasible though... *crunch crunch* :Thmbsup:

Dr-Leech:
Nice idea. It's a pretty nice way to learn and play with RegExp. I always thought about something like it when creating a pattern

cthorpe:
I would love something like that.  I've always had a hard time getting my head around regexp.  I use them when necessary, but I always have to look at example after example and attempt to cobble a usable expression out of them.  Definately takes much longer than it should.  The problem is, when I try one that doesn't work as expected, I don't always know why.  If I had a way to see what the "wrong" expression returned, it would be easier to learn from my mistakes.

And if I could learn regexp...

IDEA: Reverse Regex Generator

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version