ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

roboform2go or sticky password?

<< < (5/15) > >>

tomos:
I use a combo of roboform and keypass. I enjoy having an encrypted backup I can take with me :)
-Josh (March 05, 2007, 06:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
Josh,
do you have to fill in all the passwords in each individually or can you export them?

I'm starting to look at Roboform...
Anyone out there with the portable version?

I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to simply get the portable version**** -
its not clear to me would you need to buy a nonportable copy as well or what the advantages of having the installed version would be.

I believe you can get Roboform to generate passwords -
if you don't happen to have it with you, you're screwed,
but I suppose that's the same with any passwords unless they in your head  :)

**** HAH, I just realised (checking out the dc discount) you can only buy the portable version in conjunction with the regular liscence.
Thats $50 or $40 with discount

I'd like to get this but maybe I'll go have another look at KeyPass at that price

Josh:
I save the passwords in roboform and then type the important ones into keepass.

By the way, you can get roboform for free (base roboform) via trialpay. Check it out at roboform.com

Hirudin:
KeePass is awesome! I love it. I pretty much wont consider another password program...

By the way, it works with everything. In the notes section there is 2 commands: "Auto-Type-Window" and "Auto-Type". A.T.W. lets KeePass know what window it's suppose to type into, A.T. tells it what to type.

Here's what I have for DonationCoder...

--- ---Auto-Type-Window: *DonationCoder*
Auto-Type: {USERNAME}{TAB}{PASSWORD}{ENTER}The {USERNAME} variable types whatever is in the username field (like "SendInput" in AutoHotkey), {PASSWORD} types the password field. I use it for tons of stuff, like filling in my city and state when I use an online phone book, and for using DirectoryOpus' FTP Quick Connect. Also registration keys for programs.

It's portable (just unzip it), OS, etc. etc.! I can't say enough about it.

Perry Mowbray:
I use a combo of roboform and keypass. I enjoy having an encrypted backup I can take with me :)
-Josh (March 05, 2007, 06:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
do you have to fill in all the passwords in each individually or can you export them?
-tomos (July 09, 2007, 05:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've used both as well: I'm just in the [slow] process of converting over from KeePass to RoboForm (after being a very happy [until things stopped working] user of PINs).

To get an entry from KeePass to RoboForm all you have to do is login using KeePass (as normal) and RoboForm will pop up and ask if you want to save a new LogIn... easy.

Going the other way would be more problematic as the only export is to print, but you could use that as a source file somehow (even if it's just copy and past)

I'm starting to look at Roboform...
Anyone out there with the portable version?
--- End quote ---

I have not paid for it (I think I'm limited to 10 passwords??), but it works the same as RoboForm standard, except for a startup differences.

I believe you can get Roboform to generate passwords -
if you don't happen to have it with you, you're screwed,
but I suppose that's the same with any passwords unless they in your head  :)
--- End quote ---

That's true, and I guess why they have the portable version and the desktop version.

I'd like to get this but maybe I'll go have another look at KeyPass at that price
--- End quote ---

You can't go past the KeePass price. I'm using RoboForm because of a TrialPay offer.

Perry

ender:
I have also found this program. But did not have had the time to test it:
SignupShield smart password manager
http://www.protecteer.com/asp/pid_1001.asp

they also have a portable version.
like roboform though, its only good for 10 free pw, after that you have to pay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version