ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

roboform2go or sticky password?

<< < (13/15) > >>

J-Mac:
BTW, who here is experienced with Keepass?  I have been trying to set it up to see if I can use it, but I am having some difficulty with importing anything into it.

The only way it can do much with importing, it appears, is via plug-ins. And some of the plug-ins look like they were written in a way to confound users!  Others that look like they would be good are not available. (Downloads don't work or link to their downloads doesn't work). And if it can't import my existing passwords, then I don't need it at all.

Thanks!

Jim

rjbull:
Keepass?  [...] I am having some difficulty with importing anything into it.
-J-Mac (January 08, 2008, 03:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

I tried importing via CSV when I was changing over from Passpack, and that worked fine, but I found I had to supply ALL fields, even empty ones at the end of the line.

plug-ins [...] (Downloads don't work or link to their downloads doesn't work)

--- End quote ---

I've never had any trouble downloading things from the KeePass site; maybe there was a site problem or an an Internet problem when you tried?  Make sure you pick the plugins that match the particular version of KeePass you're using, though.

whippy:
Hi There is a major security flaw in Roboform as it does not encrypt your passwords in the default folder while in use ,that means if you are hacked it is easy read , I personally was shocked to note this when told by another user …so I strongly recommend you dont use it for important passwords eg bank accounts ….after emailing roboform the agree that is the way it is and until they fix it I wouldn't use it again . I was a great believer in it until I was shown this flaw

J-Mac:
Hi There is a major security flaw in Roboform as it does not encrypt your passwords in the default folder while in use ,that means if you are hacked it is easy read , I personally was shocked to note this when told by another user …so I strongly recommend you dont use it for important passwords eg bank accounts ….after emailing roboform the agree that is the way it is and until they fix it I wouldn't use it again . I was a great believer in it until I was shown this flaw
-whippy (April 29, 2008, 07:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

This has been the case forever, I think.  Or at least since I have used it, and I started using it in 2002 or 2003.  If you search you will see complaints about this way back.

Jim

Dormouse:
Hi There is a major security flaw in Roboform as it does not encrypt your passwords in the default folder -whippy (April 29, 2008, 07:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

This has been the case forever, I think.  Or at least since I have used it, and I started using it in 2002 or 2003.  If you search you will see complaints about this way back.
-J-Mac (May 01, 2008, 11:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

And doesn't that tell you everything you need to know about Roboform as a security program rather than an ease-of-use program?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version