ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Desktop chaos please help

<< < (2/4) > >>

nite_monkey:
Ok, my desktop looks way better. You can see from the image in my first post that my desktop was a massive mess, well now with the new picture you can see that the mess is still there, but now its more organized, like Carol Haynes had suggested. Thank you Carol. :Thmbsup:

Carol Haynes:
You're welcome - glad to be of use ;)

app103:
You can put the shortcuts that you want on one monitor into a folder somewhere on your hard drive...then drag the folder from explorer and smack it against the side of the screen on the monitor you want it on.

That will make a taskbar-like menu. You can adjust the size and keep it always on top and on autohide. When you move your mouse to the edge of your screen, it will pop out so you can access what is on it.

I don't use it with 2 monitors, but I do it on a single monitor. I do not keep my taskbar at the bottom of my screen...I keep it on the right side...and a large toolbar on the left with more shortcuts. I also keep my desktop shortcuts turned off so I do not see them (I rarely ever see the desktop any way, so keeping them turned on is pointless)

Both the taskbar and the left side toolbar are organized quite well with each category of shortcut having its own section.

Some people seem to think my desktop is pretty scary...you judge for yourself:

This is with the right side showing in top image, and everything minimized in bottom half.

This is a newer image with both bars showing in full:

danielle2459:
 :P :P This is the neatest web site ever!!! :tellme: :tellme:

Carol Haynes:
Hey - you learn something new everyday ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version