ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to edit .xpi, and with what?

<< < (3/5) > >>

dk70:
Here is the latest official, not compatible version 0.38 from Add-on site. I just installed it on 2.0.0.2, after version check was enabled, seems to work. You do the testing.

Because of forum rules I have renamed so file has zip extension. Reverse to original xpi before installing.

Curt:
You sure has provided some fine service, dk70  :Thmbsup:

The guys who advocated the re-naming, did so only five weeks ago. Considering that this extension doesn't get updated very often, and no-one seems to be complaining about it, makes me think something else may be wrong; maybe some mismatching between extensions. The old "stable" version you just made for me did not work in my setup. I will have to figure out something else.

Thanks for you efforts!

f0dder:
You know you're a geek when you look at the first notepad screenshot and say to yourself "oh, that looks like a zip archive"

Curt:
You know you're a geek when you look at the first notepad screenshot and say to yourself "oh, that looks like a zip archive" -f0dder (March 04, 2007, 04:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for pointing this out. I now know that I am not a geek...  8)

f0dder:
:)

I used to mess around a lot with hexeditors in the DOS days, and I still do. ZIP files start with the "PK" signature (after it's inventor, Phil Katz  :rip: ), and you can usually see some filenames after that :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version