ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Mar. 2007 Giveaway/Discounts: Website Watcher,Local Website Archive,AM-Notebook

<< < (2/3) > >>

Darwin:
Can't speak to WSW, but I use a similar product, Check&Get 3 and setting it up was effortless - you set it to import your bookmarks/favourites and (if you want to streamline things) then select which it will watch and which it won't and you're done. I set it up to watch all of my Maxthon groups rather than importing my favourites. Looking at WSW, I suspect it is much the same. There really isn't much of a learning curve and I urge you to give either a try!

aignes:
With WsW I can tell it could probably save me time one it's all set up like I would like it, but it costs time to figure out, and I simply never spent that time. I did try since i had LWA and i thought it'd be nice to have WsW to check and update pages snapped in LWA. But it turned out to be time consuming so I gave up. This was 2005 or even 2004 so it's probably smooth and wonderful now, and I'm more patient, so I will listen and try it again.
--- End quote ---

@iphigenie, WSW has many options, but initially all options have typical default values. So you should be able to start working immediately after you have installed WSW.

Since 2005, several Wizards have been implemented (especially for web forums or newsgroups).

For normal web pages, simply create a new bookmark, add the URL and click the "Check Now" button, that's all. You can also import bookmarks from IE, Firefox or Opera.

For a quick start, you can also watch the videos at http://www.aignes.com/support.htm where you can see how to work with the forum wizard, the filter wizard or how to use the AutoFilter functionality.

tinyvillager:
 Yoink!

Just purchased the Website Watcher basic.Great stuff.I won Copernics Tracker through
donationcoder a year or so back.While it's not "bad" and i didn't have to pay for it  :D i
can't slam it to much.But it's looking more and more like abandon-ware,thank you for
creating a (my) replacement and thanks for the discount.

P.S.
Among the many features that's not in Copernic,i like the fact that Website Watcher
can check text files,i.e. changelogs
http://www.slysoft.com/download/changes_anydvd.txt
http://www.collectorz.com/movie/WhatsNew.txt
etc.
Copernic can't do that and it always annoyed me.

Keep up the great work.You make great products. :Thmbsup:

iphigenie:
yes, looking at the feature list seems it does newsgroups and feeds too? I currently have all that in opera but it might be a good thing to move this out of my email program so i don't get distracted all the time by feed / newsgroup updates

TucknDar:
I'll definitely give WsW a run on my computer. I procrastinate far too much by checking a ton of websites all the time :(

Hopefully WsW will free up some of that time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version