ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Website Change Monitoring Tool

compared with Check and Get

<< < (3/7) > >>

mouser:
one more thing to add: this site is all about software fanatics, and i'm sure you'd find many people here, including myself who would be happy to try new versions of C&G and offer feedback and constructive suggestions.  of course the suggestions might be useless but on the other hand if you think it would be helpful to hear what a hardcore WSW thinks about a given feature or a given proposed idea, or some user interface decision, please feel free to ask and I'd be happy to take some time to try to offer a constructive opinion.

dis:
Dear Mouser,

If I occasionally offense you – please, take my apologizes for it.

I see that you use this software for many years, used to its interface, know its tricks and at least you just love this software. I see that you tell what you think and I can only congratulate Martin Aignesberger with such enthusiastic and devoted customer.

You know, Check&Get was growing mainly as bookmark management and organizing software (with web-site monitoring features), so I have not seen any competition between C&G and WSW in the past. But it seems these products become closer to each other by functionality, so more and more articles begin to compare them.

I will investigate your website more closely and I am ready to discuss the discounts for your members with you.

With the best regards,
Dmitry Skorniakov,
http://ActiveURLs.com

P.S. The beta-testers wanted to test the new version of software. If somebody would like to participate in beta-testing, please go here:
http://activeurls.com/en/beta.htm

dis:
if you think it would be helpful to hear what a hardcore WSW thinks about a given feature or a given proposed idea, or some user interface decision, please feel free to ask and I'd be happy to take some time to try to offer a constructive opinion.
-mouser (April 06, 2005, 02:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for your offer!

I think it's no sense to test the current version now due the significant changes in interface will come in v3. If you subscribe as beta-tester I will inform you by e-mail when the beta version be finally ready...

Dmitry.

mouser:
thanks dmitry :)

and please do keep us updated on the progress of v3..
feel free to post here when its available for beta testing.

-mouser

jpfx:
I've been trying wsw, c&g and copernic tracker.
copernic was too limited for me and didn't last very long on the pc. wsw is lean and mean but overpriced (especially as I missed the discount). I didn't like the idea of paying extra for site archiving either.
I've saved the best 'til last, c&g v.3 beta most suits my needs. Seems to be quite fast too. v3b allows you to use regex for filtering changes which can't be bad. Also you can get the pro version for 39.95 http://secure.emetrix.com/order/product.asp?PID=3765587&DC=beta50 which was icing on the cake for me.
As far as I know this is the first beta but it's running really well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version