ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Bugs or Inconsistencies in FARR v2.00.55

(1/1)

cnewtonne:
Mouser,
I thought I should start a new thread to isolate my issues in one place instead of having them mingle with other unrelated issues in the main thread.

* Alias action keyword are not working. I already described it in the main thread here https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=6624.325

* Aliases are recognized even when they're part of another string Typing these 2 strings will show alias contents...
'sys' and 'C:\windows\sys'. May be you can have it so that FARR knows when a string is intended for an alias (first word in line) or simply part of another string.

* Typing directory paths shows all aliases Typing 'c:\' will list all aliases defined? Not sure why?

mouser:
good idea to start a new thread.

*Typing these 2 strings will show alias contents... 'sys' and 'C:\windows\sys'.
*Typing directory paths shows all aliases: Typing 'c:\' will list all aliases defined? Not sure why?
--- End quote ---
Urgh! Ok this is why people use test cases.. There are so many interacting parts that when i tweak one thing i break another. I'm going to make some test cases so you guys don't have to find all these bugs for me :)  I do appreciate it though.  I'll have a fix in the next day or two.

I will check on alias actions and fix.

ps.
Can I just say, as a programmer, how much I love and appreciate and just thrive off of these non-angry, helpful bug reports.  I honestly think it makes the entire process for me so much more rewarding.  Thank you.

jgpaiva:
I'll report here another problem too.
Ctrl-Space isn't bringing farr up anymore. So, if i focus another window which makes farr become non-visible, pressing ctrl-space won't bring it up. I have to minimize the apps to get to it.

mouser:
There are a number of on-top issues with FARR that i plan to spend some time fixing in the next week or two prior to release.  Mar 7 is my deadline so mark it on your calendars!

cnewtonne:
Mounser,
I think the whole explicit directory search feature is broken. Here is how...

Search StringActionCommentsc:\program filesshow all subfolders listed.I think this is the intended behavior since we did not end the path with '\'c:\program files\showed defined aliases, No folders or files showingnot sure if ending string with '\' has any effect.c:\program files\\ or C:\program files\.still shows aliases.should've shown dirs or files only respectively
Again, I think this is related to the issue I listed in first post. I thought I should bring it to your attention just to be thorough.

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version