ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

doPDF (pdf creator) - Freeware

<< < (3/8) > >>

Softland:
hi there Softland, been trying out doPDF as an alternative PDF creator and i'm surprised that doPDf creates smaller & searchable PDFs.. :)

however i'm having some problems that i would like to highlight..
• 1st, after saving and the file is displayed, the extension goes missing. this happens despite typing-in the ".pdf" at the save dialog.
• 2nd, if the typed filename contains a dot or hyphen, the filename gets cut-off. e.g. "my.work.2006.pdf" is saved as on "my".
• 3rd, at the save dialog if i type-in the name of an existing file, doPDF promptly overwrites the file without any warning!

i hope you will look into this in your future releases. i also would like to suggest that make doPDF be able to remember the last saved folder, instead of prompting to save into "My Documents" each time.. :)
-lanux128 (April 05, 2007, 02:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

1 - is a bug we are aware about, will be fixed in vs 5.1
2 - same bug as 1
3 -  bug, will be fixed
in vs 5.1 the last save location will be remembered. Don't know exactly the release date but it will not be too long.

lanux128:
thanks Softland, doDPF will be in serious contention with some fine-tuning that you mentioned.. :)

Hirudin:
This looks like my new PDF Printer! I used to use PDFCreator but I don't want to have to do a bunch of weird stuff to make it work on Vista. Thanks Softland!

lanux128:
just found out that Softland has released a new version that fixes all the bugs mentioned above. Thanks again, guys..:Thmbsup:

http://www.dopdf.com/

Softland:
New in version 5.3:
Optimized the text compression algorithm so now the size of PDF files is reduced by up to 80% (for PDFs consisting mainly of text), Finnish and Arabic user interface localizations added

Download: http://www.dopdf.com/download/setup/dopdf.exe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version