ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

doPDF (pdf creator) - Freeware

<< < (2/8) > >>

Softland:
On my system, doPDF works fine.  The only glitch I found is when one look at the properties of the pdf file created by doPDF, the main fields are filled with strange characters, whereas one would have expected some info about Softland.
-MerleOne (March 02, 2007, 03:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
Can you post a screenshot? I have attached one and there are no strange characters.

MerleOne:
Will do so ASAP, that is as soon I have access to the PC where it is installed and where I have observed it, basically next week.  Just a precision also : I am using FoxReader as pdf reader.

Softland:
Will do so ASAP, that is as soon I have access to the PC where it is installed and where I have observed it, basically next week.  Just a precision also : I am using FoxReader as pdf reader.
-MerleOne (March 02, 2007, 08:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hi. No need to send that file, seems this is a bug in Foxit. Adobe reader gets the correct information, while Foxit doesn't. I'll send them an email about this. Thanks for pointing it.
[update] Seems they already know about this bug http://www.foxitsoftware.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=845

MerleOne:
OK !  Thanks for the precision.  I was thinking it was doPDF fault since using another pdf creation tool, cutePDF (latest release), the properties were OK, even with Foxit Reader.

lanux128:
hi there Softland, been trying out doPDF as an alternative PDF creator and i'm surprised that doPDf creates smaller & searchable PDFs.. :)

however i'm having some problems that i would like to highlight..
• 1st, after saving and the file is displayed, the extension goes missing. this happens despite typing-in the ".pdf" at the save dialog.
• 2nd, if the typed filename contains a dot or hyphen, the filename gets cut-off. e.g. "my.work.2006.pdf" is saved as on "my".
• 3rd, at the save dialog if i type-in the name of an existing file, doPDF promptly overwrites the file without any warning!

i hope you will look into this in your future releases. i also would like to suggest that make doPDF be able to remember the last saved folder, instead of prompting to save into "My Documents" each time.. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version