ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Managing Favourites

<< < (2/8) > >>

vamp07:

I used to love powermarks but this has been the year that I am switching more and more to doing everything online. Gmail is the first web based email interface that I consider fast enough to use for all my email. For bookmarking I just love www.furl.net .

jpfx:
furl's privacy policy is about as loose as any spyware app.

patteo:
I have been using Powermarks for many years now and did get the feeling that it had been abandoned, especially when I started using alternative browsers like MyIE2, Maxthon and Firefox. There has been hardly any updates of this software for a few years now. I eventually figured out a way to solve the problem of it not working for Firefox by using the ieview extension for Firefox and even emailed the author with my workaround - (anyway, this method has been overtaken by events) The author has quietly updated the software to work with Firefox (still a beta though http://www.kaylon.com/beta/index.html) with integration just like in IE - (In fact, they originally said it could not be done due to some technicalities). But I have been using it for a week now and it works very well, even with opening in Firefox tabs.

Was a little surprised that as a registered user, I did not received a notification of this beta. But nevertheless, I am very glad that I check the website once in a while. ;D

Too bad I missed the offer of 50% discount on website-watcher as by the time I discovered it, the offer was long over. Wonder if they will offer their discounts again.

Anyway, back to Powermarks - I have been hunting high and low for an alternative for some years now and have found all the rest I tried wanting in some aspect or other compared to Powermarks when it comes to the instant searching and its intuitiveness and ease of use, annotations, color coding etc.

So I guess wrongly that it had been abandoned. I'm back into bookmarking heaven with Firefox. :D

mouser:
Thanks for the update on the powermarks update!

as for this:

Too bad I missed the offer of 50% discount on website-watcher as by the time I discovered it, the offer was long over. Wonder if they will offer their discounts again.
--- End quote ---

all i can say is...
november will be a special month here at donationcoder  ;)

Mark0:
I use LookSmart's Furl too.
The Firefox extension make it very handy to use.

Bye!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version