ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Managing Favourites

(1/8) > >>

markan:
Hi

Does anyone have any recommendations for tools that manage favourite website URLs? I have used Kaylon's Powermarks and Outertech's Linkman in the past, but both now feel to have been abandoned to a greater or lesser extent. Powermarks also doesn't play well with many of the new browsers (I mostly use Maxthon).

If you are familiar with either of the above you will have guessed that I like to collect a lot of bookmarks and then categorize them by keyword. Folder-based structure tend to force you into a single categorisation that I find restrictive.

I guess the ideal would be a marriage of the flexible filing of Powermarks, the monitoring capabilities of Aignes WSW and the past version caching of Copernic Tracker.

I'm pretty sure that there isn't a perfect match out there, but is there something that I've missed?

Regards
Mark

Carol Haynes:
Bookmark Buddy

http://www.bookmarkbuddy.net/

vegas:
I would second that, gosh I love my Bookmark Buddy. Happy registered user for 6 years here.  The author has always been receptive to some new ideas.  Releases are not regular but it does keep moving along, although at a slow pace. Good Luck with your search.  I also have to say, dig deep into this program, its not as basic as it appears on the surface.  Import & Export features are great too.

markan:
I had tried Bookmark Buddy before and taken a dislike to it. However I have grown to trust the opinions of people round here so I have been taking another look.

On the plus side it's quick and light. It also has almost all of the functionality that I want.

The only real functional gaps for me are that I wish it would get keywords from the sites as I bookmark them and that the search seems a little more buried than in Powermarks or Linkman.

The bit that I am still not keen on is the interface. Not being able to see the sub-categories until you select a category makes me feel like I am wearing blinkers. I am going to persevere though in case it grows on me.

I had missed how good it was though and once again this forum has proved the collective knowledge of it's members.

jpfx:
I was spoilt by powermarks when it was still being developed. I couldn't get my head around bookmark buddy either. Perhaps there's an application void waiting for development there.
Good luck with trying to like it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version