ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Managing Favourites

<< < (7/8) > >>

dantheman:
Maxthon is a wonderful IE addon!  Consumes very little ressources but will it still compete with the next IE7?

Firefox 1.5 (and new Thunderbird email client) will now upgrade automatically and hopefully all the extensions too!  Even Maxthon has to upgrade its' plugins with newer versions and that always take a bit of time.

My hunch is, with the Google/Mozilla love affair, we will be seeing a much more performing and shiny Firefox than ever!  :Thmbsup:

But i do like to dabb with newcomers like Flock (Mozilla based) and other changes in the browser world.

BTW,
Adblocker for Firefox does not leave an "ad blocked" sign anywhere with no empty spaces (where ads would be).

mouser:
i agreee with dan, i think google is looking like they are getting involved/invested with firefox BIG TIME, which should lead to some serious continued development of firefox.

dantheman:
Thanks Mouser!

I'm not trying to push Firefox on anyone.  It just seems that i always come back to it.
I've seen it grow over the years all the while IE was sitting there doing practically nothing to improve itself!
Therefore my sympathy for Maxthon, Opera, Avant, Flock, etc. has always been growing too!

There are still quite a few good Favourite Managers out there (saw MSN come up with one today) for free!   8)
http://www.linkagogo.com has its' charm (a bit flashy for my tastes).

mouser:
well i am one of those people having a hard time migrating to firefox just because I'm used to something else, but i can see its got some fantastic features and expect to be moving to it as my main browser soon.  i do think that google's decision to marry up with firefox virtually guarantees that firefox is going to be getting better and better with the increased financial support (will there be downsides to google's involvement? i don't know).  but it does mean that firefox is probably only going to get better and better in terms of stability, security, and features.

nudone:
looks like a may as well bite the bullet and go the firefox way  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version