ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why is it so hard to find a decent image organizer?

<< < (20/65) > >>

tomos:
as i said before
I was very impressed by this capability (in ExifPro) -

in the viewer with more than one foto displaying,
zoom (+) enlarges all photos at the same time -
if you drag one you drag them all - super for comparing details of similar photos.
- Ctrl+drag just moves one ...

:-*  :-*
-tomos (April 04, 2007, 02:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Why is it so hard to find a decent image organizer?
Tagging from the viewer is very helpful, especially if trying to decide what to print.

At this stage
I'm also more curious about the "management" side of it -
so I'll shut up about viewers  :P

... and get back when I've tried a bit of cataloging & tagging

Darwin:
At this stage
I'm also more curious about the "management" side of it -
so I'll shut up about viewers 

--- End quote ---

I'll do the same, and will also test fly the management side...!

MrCrispy:
I haven't been able to check back in for a long time, thanks to everyone (esp JeffK and Darwin) for all the info! I've just tried ExifPRo and it is indeed amazing, I like its interface the best both in terms of looks and the speed. It also serves well as a way to tag my collection. The one thing it lacks is a way to query photos based on tag, like Photoshop Elements/Lightroom.

However, I'm beginning to think that Ill never find anything that serves all my needs. The main reason I want tagging is it makes it really easy to find a given photo. I use tagging extensively to manage my 35gb music collection and would be completely lost without it. And I would love something similar for other types of media, not just photos but video/documents etc. Thats a discussion for another topic though.

Size of the catalog/time to index is not so much of an issue for me as its a one-time cost. The spped of viewing a catalog and scrolling thru thumbnails is much more imp and it seems in this area ExifPro is the fastest.

Other programs I'm keeping an eye out for are the new versions of FotoAlbum and AcdSee Pro.

Darwin:
I purchased a license for exifPro a few days ago - I'm going to install one or the other of Photo Collector and exifPro on my dad's notebook (which is actually mine, anyway!) and keep the other on mine. I really, really like them both. I'm waiting on an update to exifPro so that I can reliably index my entire collection unattended (it's likely going to take four or five hours) and then I'll start tagging with exifPro in earnest.

tomos:
I purchased a license for exifPro a few days ago-Darwin (April 09, 2007, 06:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
I finally got mine yesterday.

If you live in a Euro land,
buy it in dollars - it works out almost €5 cheaper (you get charged VAT either way)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version