ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why is it so hard to find a decent image organizer?

<< < (9/65) > >>

Darwin:
Here's the developer's page comparing the various versions. Pro is $84.95 vs. Express, which is $14.95 (or free for today). Express seems to have most of the archiving features of the more expensive versions but almost none of the editing features (fair enough). Unfortunately, Express doesn't feature searching and filtering by EXIF data, which I *think* I would find frustrating (Express does feature both searching and filtering, just not by EXIF data). Anyway, might be interesting, but I am bit leery of the "everything and the kitchen sink" approach.

superboyac:
MrCrispy, I'd like to know your thoughts on Photo Collector.  I don't deal with my pictures as in-depth as you, but I'd like to compare the better organizers and archivers, and you sound like you'd be much more of an expert.  I tried Lightroom, and you're right, it is bulky but still really nice.

JeffK:
Is this any good to you MrCrispy.  I know little about this but I found this reference

http://peccatte.karefil.com/Kalimages/EN/Index.html

JeffK:
http://www.breezesys.com/BreezeBrowser/index.htm - bit expensive @ $90US - I didn't actually try it.

JeffK:
Sorry, it looks like BreezeBrowser does not recurse into subfolders to show thumbnails but only when creating a HTML output.

I've tried about 20 programs in the last 24 hours and I'd have to say very few fit my requirements, let alone the IPTC/XMP compatiblity MrCrispy is looking for.  For my needs I think Smart Pix Manager and ExifPro go closest although ACDSee, ThumbsPlus, iMatch and CodedColor aren't too bad.  Most of the alternatives, including some of the sophisticated ones, are too slow.  Iwant to see what graphics files are in the folder now not after I make a cup of coffee and watch the football.  SmartPix and ExifPro do it fairly quickly whether it's the original look or the database/collection but neither have MrCrispy's tagging requirement.

Jeff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version