ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why is it so hard to find a decent image organizer?

<< < (63/65) > >>

40hz:
FWIW I've pretty much switched over to Darktable for everything and just use the collection and query features in that. (To me it seems very similar to Aperature.)

Why is it so hard to find a decent image organizer?

But there's a catch. It only runs on Linux:

Prerequisites

*nix (tested: Ubuntu [Karmic, Lucid, Maverick, Natty, Oneiric], Arch Linux, Funtoo, Gentoo, Fedora, Macintosh OS X with Macports)

We strongly recommend using a 64bit operating system!

Required packages:

libsqlite3, libjpeg, libpng, libraw (supplied), rawspeed (supplied), gtk+-2, cairo, lcms2, exiv2, tiff, curl, gphoto2, dbus-glib, gnome-keyring, fop, openexr[/li][/list]

You might need to get lcms2 from Pascal's ppa (see Ubuntu below)[/li][/list]

Optional: gcc >= 4.4 (OpenMP, earlier versions could not handle OpenMP statements in non-main threads)

--- End quote ---

Has good editing features and RAW support too. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, here's a quick intro video:

J-Mac:

But there's a catch. It only runs on Linux:

-40hz (October 07, 2012, 11:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, ouch!    :o

Jim   :)

40hz:
^i only said that in hopes of keeping the peace.  ;)

(I'm 99% Linux most days.) 8)

CWuestefeld:
Just catching the conversation up...

ACDSee just released a new version, for Pro it's now at v6. It doesn't seem like a very major upgrade, but then the upgrade price is pretty reasonable. The one big feature I've been looking for, Face Recognition, is still not even whispered about there.

tomos:
Could any users of Daminion comment on the programme?
I guess I'm especially interested in how it compares to other organisers - I know that's asking a lot (but no harm in trying).

I have an older version of Daminion installed. I will probably update it - but because I have no experience of other organisers I dont really have a concept of where it fits in with regard to others.

:-[ Also ACDSee has a fairly attractive offer at the moment which only runs for another 1.5 days or so, but me being 'unexperienced', it doesnt give me enough time to test it and get a feel for it ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version