ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why is it so hard to find a decent image organizer?

<< < (39/65) > >>

J-Mac:
I thought I would try changing the skin, or "style" as they call it, but each time I try the program uses 50%+ CPU and stays that way for over 10 minutes - at which time I kill it. I shouldn’t run into any issues running the program on this box; my specs are noted below:

Falcon Northwest Mach V
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+, 2200.0 MHz
4 GB RAM (PC3200 DDR-SDRAM)
Mobo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N32-SLI-Deluxe
nVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT w/ 512 MBytes of GDDR3 SDRAM
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Hard Drive 1 - Western Digital 80 GB SATA 7200 RPM HDD
Hard Drive 2 - Seagate 500 GB SATA 7200 RPM HDD
Hard Drive 3 - Seagate 500 GB SATA 7200 RPM HDD
Optical Drive 1 - LiteOn DVD-ROM iHDP118
Optical Drive 2 - LiteOn DVD RW iHAP422
Power Supply - Silverstone 600 Watt Modular PSU ST60F

Thank you.

Jim

Dormouse:
So there are some "hidden" columns it seems...
-J-Mac (April 02, 2010, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah yes, I've never had that scroll bar because all my columns were showing. Maybe because that's because I've got a big widescreen monitor.
Another way (usually anyway) of seeing all the columns would be to use the zoom bar at the top right to zoom right out, reducing the amount of the screen that everything is taking.

Dormouse:
I thought I would try changing the skin, or "style" as they call it, but each time I try the program uses 50%+ CPU and stays that way for over 10 minutes - at which time I kill it. I shouldn’t run into any issues running the program on this box; my specs are noted below:
-J-Mac (April 02, 2010, 12:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's more powerful than the system I'm running it on.
One way of trying to change style (not done that myself yet) without hitting the same CPU overhead would be to make a new database with one photo. Then try changing style while you are in that. Then loading your usual database.
I'm making the assumption that the CPU load is because the style changing is having to change the 'display' (seen and unseen) of all the stuff that's loaded in the database. I don't think it should be doing that, but can't think of another explanation.
I've just tried changing the style with my full database loaded. Virtually instantaneous.

Dormouse:
Here's what I see in the Collection Viewer after clicking View>Details:
-J-Mac (April 02, 2010, 12:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Looking at this, I think the column size for the File Name must have been expanded (a lot) at some stage. It's never come up like that for me by default.

J-Mac:
So there are some "hidden" columns it seems...
-J-Mac (April 02, 2010, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah yes, I've never had that scroll bar because all my columns were showing. Maybe because that's because I've got a big widescreen monitor.
Another way (usually anyway) of seeing all the columns would be to use the zoom bar at the top right to zoom right out, reducing the amount of the screen that everything is taking.
-Dormouse (April 02, 2010, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ahem.....  24" Widescreen monitor here - can't get that much bigger...

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version