ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why is it so hard to find a decent image organizer?

<< < (32/65) > >>

Dormouse:
IdImager_
v4 Nov 2007, v5 Dec 2009.
Upgrades tend to be pretty major rewrites/feature additions.
Superb product, very well supported.
Zoner may be cheaper, but it's not the same level of product. I suspect it is upgraded more frequently too since it is now on v 12 and 11 was described on one site as being new in March 2009.
Of course, Zoner may be quite sufficient for you. idImager is relatively approachable for a heavy duty program - but it is still a heavy duty program.

superboyac:
Thanks Dormouse, now I want to try IDImager and comapre it to ACDSee.  I was one of those disappointed with the new itnerface of ACDsee Pro 3.  My main issue is that it seems to be slower, and they made it more work to switch the modes between browsing/viewing/editing.  Bad move.

Dormouse:
One of the big non-feature differences between idImager & ACDSee is that the IDI developer is extremely responsive (& each new version goes through a long period of beta testing available to all).

Darwin:
Of course, Zoner may be quite sufficient for you. idImager is relatively approachable for a heavy duty program - but it is still a heavy duty program.
-Dormouse (February 22, 2010, 09:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Heh, heh - I bought a license for Zoner Photo Studio Pro 9 in the summer of 2007's 90% of sale and never used it and have not had installed for at least two years. This is why I'm intereted in hearing which way Jim "jumps".

IDimager is upgrade every two years, it looks like, which makes their pricing structure more "bearable". Ultimately, I'm talking out of my... because I have no intention of buying either product the moment.

Dormouse:
IDimager really needs to be used quite a lot, or you will only remember a small number of the features you would want to use if you remembered what they were and how to work them. And it is primarily a DAM product rather than an editor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version