ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why is it so hard to find a decent image organizer?

<< < (24/65) > >>

tomos:
Just a heads up that a new build of exifpro is available for download.
-Darwin (September 03, 2007, 03:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
nother new version Oct 5th

any users of DOpus & ExifPro, esp if you've ever made ExifPro default viewer..
 could you please look at this thread:
default image open assoc. screwed up - DOpus/ExifPro dont mix?

EDIT: dont worry
(unless you were having problems too in which case go see), that Dopus/ExifPro thing is sorted.

superboyac:
Can anyone help me find a program to recommend to my sister?

Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with image organizers.  I use ACDSee just for photo browsing, but I've never tried organizing anything beyond the regular directory structure.  My sister's needs are very simple and she's not a poweruser on the computer, so all of this exif stuff and powerful featureset is not for her.  Her needs are the following:
--transfer files from the camera to the computer
--organize the pictures in a user-friendly way.  Tags, albums, whatever, as long as it has a good interface and easy to use.
--Easily prepare a selected group of photos or albums to be printed by either putting them on a cd or something, or using an online service.

I know a regular file manager will do most of this, but I'm afraid even the file manager method would be too complicated for her needs.

I'm thinking she might like ExifPro, it's cheap and looks good.  Maybe Picasa?  I used Picasa recently and thought it was kind of klunky and weird, with a smooth interface (but I didn't think it was all that easy to use...just a little weird).  ACDSee has album organizing features (that I've never used), but it seems simple enough like just click pictures to include in albums, but there probably is something better.  Photo Collector looks kind of like something she would like.

tomos:
Exif Pro isnt really much good for tagging (I gave up on that aspect of it at any rate)

I would have thought Picassa would be good that you can simply scroll down through all fotos, but I havent used it in  a couple years...

What's that Kodak software EasyShare like?

Me, I dont know of any "easy" photo-software that uses tags :-\

Babis:
Can anyone help me find a program to recommend to my sister?

Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with image organizers.  I use ACDSee just for photo browsing, but I've never tried organizing anything beyond the regular directory structure.  My sister's needs are very simple and she's not a poweruser on the computer, so all of this exif stuff and powerful featureset is not for her.  Her needs are the following:
--transfer files from the camera to the computer
--organize the pictures in a user-friendly way.  Tags, albums, whatever, as long as it has a good interface and easy to use.
--Easily prepare a selected group of photos or albums to be printed by either putting them on a cd or something, or using an online service.

I know a regular file manager will do most of this, but I'm afraid even the file manager method would be too complicated for her needs.

I'm thinking she might like ExifPro, it's cheap and looks good.  Maybe Picasa?  I used Picasa recently and thought it was kind of klunky and weird, with a smooth interface (but I didn't think it was all that easy to use...just a little weird).  ACDSee has album organizing features (that I've never used), but it seems simple enough like just click pictures to include in albums, but there probably is something better.  Photo Collector looks kind of like something she would like.
-superboyac (February 25, 2008, 06:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Microsoft Digital Image Suite Library

tomos:
Microsoft Digital Image Suite Library
-Babis (February 26, 2008, 05:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

http://www.microsoft.com/products/imaging/default.mspx   

Microsoft has discontinued its line of Digital Image Suite products*. Many of the digital imaging features and tools that have been enjoyed for years now can be found in new Microsoft titles and services including Windows Vistaâ„¢. For more information Click Here
These products will be available in retail outlets while supplies last.
Customers will receive product support for up to three years from purchase date or through April 30, 2010, whichever date is reached first. "Here" being a link to a Vista upgrade

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version