ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why is it so hard to find a decent image organizer?

<< < (7/65) > >>

nudone:
Does anyone know of a good organizer for flash files ie .swf so that you can view it and organize and add comments to it so they can be found when you want it.

--- End quote ---

ACDSee can create thumbnails from .swf and preview them - and add comments.

KD7LRJ:
I found a new program - FotoAlbum Pro from www.fototime.com.

It lacks some of the more power user features but ts very fast and handles metadata and queries very nicely. I emailed the developers with some suggestions and received a prompt reply which is a good sign.
-MrCrispy (March 01, 2007, 01:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've been using FotoAlbum for a couple of years now and I've loved it!  I've made suggestions, and they've implemented them - many times.  Most recently, I exchanged 20 e-mails with the head developer in order to fix a minor issue they had with the display of thumbnails in Firefox on their companion website (www.fototime.com).

It handles the meta information quite well for me.  I will NEVER again use something that uses a separate database to save meta information about my images without also maintaining the information in the images themselves - I've lost information that way too many times.

I have about 25,000 images in it now and it hasn't slowed down at all since I had 10,000 when I first started using it.

JeffK:
We must be using a different program.  I found FotoAlbum Pro very slow.  Maybe there is something amiss with my computer.

Jeff

MrCrispy:
This guy has a pretty detailed writeup about the ideal image organizer. Its a wishlist for Picasa 3 but is a good read. And his mockup for the UI looks really good.

http://picasamusings.blogspot.com/2006/07/personal-wish-list-for-picasa-3.html

Darwin:
Superboyac - I've been wondering about Photo Collector too. If it's as good as Book Collector and MP3 Collector it'll be awesome! I've not tried it myself but might just give it a go. The screen shots and featureset are impressive. This screenshot (from the author's website) suggests that some form of tagging is possible:

Why is it so hard to find a decent image organizer?

Right, I'm downloading the trial as I write this...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version